This is Episode 22 of SunCast, and Episode 4 in the Latam Founders Series, which is being brought to you through a special collaboration with Enphase Energy.
Today on SunCast, you’ll meet Maximo Torres, founder of Maximo Solar in Puerto Rico, along with his GM, Jonattan Martir. Today’s episode was actually recorded live in Las Vegas during the annual Solar Power Int’l conference.
I call Maximo the Solar philosopher, and it’s true. He has an infectious passion for solar, and it’s no surprise that his company is one of the strongest in the Puerto Rico market. There are some real goodies in here, so take some time to listen intently, as we discuss:
- Choosing between the large utility-scale markets, C&I or Residential
- The importance of having a growth mindset, and the resulting view on competition
- The value of being extremely customer-centric
- One internal tool they’ve used multiple times to expand beyond their current product offering into profitable new segments
- The two most important people in a solar company, and aligning corporate values around them
- And so, so much more
And as always, you can check the blog page for resources from today’s show.
If you like what you hear, please SHARE it!
And be sure to check out all the rest of the episodes in this Latam Founder series – stay tuned!!!