Welcome to another minisode here on SunCast. If you’re new here, I’m your host, Nico Johnson, and we’re here to help you unlock your potential as a leader in the solar industry.
The show is usually long-form narrative, so these minisodes are brief 20 min or so morsels of sunlight to get you through the workweek.
I’d like to wish a belated happy birthday to today’s guest, Santiago Barcon, who I had the distinct pleasure of spending time with on a recent trip down to Mexico. The recording was done on the terrace of a café on a busy Mexico City street, so while we’ve tried to clean it up, you will certainly hear the usual street noise.
Nonetheless, I think you’ll get value from the conversation today if you’d like to know more about:
- The recent Mexico energy auctions and his thoughts on the energy reform
- What Santiago believes more energy professionals should do to strengthen their creativity and analytical capabilities
- Details of the historical 120MW energy contract with the capital city Metro company
- The 4 things you need in order to enter the Mexican market as a foreign company
- And examples of the types of “dead bodies” we’re starting to see in wake of the energy reform.
Santiago has been in the energy business for a long time and knows the sector in Mexico better than just about anyone. Indeed, he owns and publishes the magazine, Energia Hoy, which is a fantastic resource to keep tabs on not just policy and movement but editorial content around the evolution of the Mexico Energy market, especially post energy reform.
And, It’s not too late to get your ticket to SolarPlaza’s Unlocking Solar Capital LATAM event in Miami coming up on June 15 & 16.
I’ll be there, along with key leaders in the Latin America Market, and it’s a great place to not just meet folks but also learn how and where investors are looking at the Latam solar market.
Head over to www.mysuncast.com/plaza for more details on registration.
SunCast listeners will get a 10% discount by using the code “SUNCAST” on the registration page.