Welcome to Episode 41 of SunCast.
Today we’ll chat with a friend who has done some pioneering work in solar R&D and in setting the bar for Women in Solar. I had the privilege to work with Jing Tian when she first got to Trina Solar in 2014, and have been impressed from day One. She was recently promoted as President of Trina’s North America business unit. And I think that you’ll understand after today’s episode exactly why she has been able to achieve the great heights she presently enjoys. In today’s episode, we get into detail about:
- Jing’s journey through various startup failures to arrive at now the top regional position for one of the largest and most respected Solar manufacturers in the world.
- The contrast of working at solar startups in thin film and CPV versus one of the largest crystalline module manufacturers
- Jing’s approach to new product introduction
- Her thoughts on career development, especially as a woman in a mostly male industry
- Of course we play hot or Not
- And I get Jing to dispel some wisdom learned from her viewpoint at the top of the foodchain, as well as books and other ways she keeps her mind sharp to run a global organization
If YOU have someone or something you think should be on Suncast, you can shoot me an email, a LinkedIn message, or even just pop over to the website and leave me a quick Voicemail, right from your smartphone! That website is www.mysuncast.com and email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This episode is brought to you in partnership with Solrates.com, the fast and Free online platform for providing your commercial customers with a credible lease financing proposal. If you have projects over $100K value, and you’d like to see how Solrates can help You quickly and easily deliver a financing proposal to your customers, please reach out to me directly for an invitation code to join the platform. Did I mention it’s free?
Enjoy this week’s episode of SunCast, with Jing Tian of Trina Solar.