This week we have the founders of Enduring Planet: Dimitry Gershenson, CEO Erin Davis, COO
Enduring Planet offers revenue based and grant based debt to climatetech companies.
VC funding is only one type of funding for a climate startup, and we extensively talk about the different funding available and the pros and cons of each type.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Family and ruthless prioritization as founders, intentional culture
- Venture vs grants vs debt
- Diversity Equity Inclusion and Justice
- The journey from international development to founding a US based startup
As referenced in the episode, here are some resources that we can highlight around JEDI/gender lens investing:
- Morgan Stanley: https://www.morganstanley.com/articles/gender-diversity
- CFA Institute: https://blogs.cfainstitute.org/investor/2021/02/23/beyond-intention-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-require-action/
- Kapor Capital’s framework for Equity-lens investing: https://www.kaporcapital.com/how-we-invest/
- Calvert Capital: https://calvertimpact.org/resources/investing-with-a-gender-lens
- 2X Global: https://www.2xglobal.org/new-to-gender-lens-investing
- Mission Investors Exchange: https://missioninvestors.org/resources/examining-existing-and-potential-investments-racial-equity-lens