Welcome to Episode 70 of SunCast!
I hope you enjoyed the last episode with James Pagonis, the Head of Product at PowerHub.
I met Brian at SPI 2017 last year after asking around a bit about the microgrid they had built to power an entire section of this enormous tradeshow. Brian gave me a clinic on the history of microgrids, and if you’re at all interested in the evolution and indeed renaissance of DC-powered systems, stick around for today’s discussion.
Tune in Today as we Discuss Topics Such As:
- Why Charles Kettering is actually the father of microgrids
- Early microgrids in rural America are a template for the modern era
- Emerge Alliance addressing energy access globally
- Creating the “Enernet” – aggregating personal and enterprise level power networks until we have a “world network”
- The DC microgrid Emerge created to power an entire area of SPI 2017
For resources from today’s episode, head over to www.mysuncast.com/suncast-episodes to today’s and every other show’s blog posts. (the direct URL is …episodes/070)
Thanks again for setting aside THIS time in your day. Enjoy this week’s episode of SunCast, with Brian Patterson.