Will cryptocurrency be the future of money? What does that mean for society?
Welcome to the Earthlings podcast, where we’ll talk about all of the decisions that we’ll have to make to ensure that the future we have is one we want to live in. Hosts Lisa Ann Pinkerton (former award-winning NPR and PBS environmental science reporter) and Christian Roseland (founding editor of PV Magazine USA) take a close look at our relationships with technology, science, the planet, and each other. Today’s focus is on the opportunities facing us in the 21st century.
Will cryptocurrency be the future of currency? And what does that mean for investors and what does that mean for us? What about the energy used in mining cryptocurrency? What does it even mean to “mine” crypto?
There are so many questions around cryptocurrency. To many people, it is still a huge confusing concept. The aim of today’s episode is to decrypt these myths, stereotypes, and defog the haze around cryptocurrency. Lisa Ann and Christian bring three expert guests together in order to talk about the use, the security, and the mining of crypto. They also help to define the buzzwords and tackle some of the misconceptions.
Alejandra Argueta is the owner of Requisite, and he’s been a crypto enthusiast since 2017. Laura Shin is the senior editor at Forbes. She also runs the Unchained Podcast and she’s the author of the The Cryptopians: Idealism, Greed, Lies, and the Making of the First Big Cryptocurrency Craze. John Paul Barrick is the CEO at the MiningStore.
- How people are using crypto right now
- Sone currencies to research
- Decentralized finance and how coins interact with it
- What are NFTs and how are they different from cryptocurrencies
- The security of cryptocurrency
- The benefits (to the user) in crypto
- How cryptocurrency is like being your own bank
- Why cryptocurrency has been the currency of choice for ransomware
- How other countries are utilizing cryptocurrency
- The future trends in cryptocurrency and mining
- Mining cryptocurrency and the energy needed
- What is blockchain?