Hello Earthlings! In today’s episode, our host Lisa Ann Pinkerton (CEO of Technica Communications), and our guest Virginia Klausmeier (President and CEO of Sylvatex) dive into how to prepare the electric vehicle industry now for the revolution that’s coming, by rethinking one component of EV lithium-ion batteries – cathodes. They explore how costs and carbon emissions could be brought down and make scaling EV battery manufacturing more sustainable in preparation for the demand that’s expected in the near future.
Virginia outlines how cathodes could be manufactured reduce costs and carbon emissions, as well as water consumption. These innovations hold the promise of not only streamlining production but also making battery manufacturing more sustainable and recyclable, but also fit into the ESG mandates automotive OEMs are focused on achieving.
The Earthling we are spotlighting this week to restore our faith in humanity, is artist Oscar Olivares who has completed what he says is one of the world’s largest ecological murals made entirely out of bottle caps, in Guatire, Venezuela.
This episode is the second in our series on electric vehicles. The first one was in Season 1, Episode 2 “Your Next Car will be an EV.”
Join us as we explore the transformative potential of these advancements in lithium-ion battery components, envisioning a more eco-conscious and efficient future.
- Future-proofing battery material manufacturing for electric revolution
- Scaling up sustainable battery technology for electric vehicles
- Why focusing on cathode material to reduce carbon emissions and costs in battery production is the next step for the industry
- Sylvatex’s development of a more sustainable cathode active material for electric vehicle batteries
- How a rethinking of cathode material fits with automotive OEMs’ ESG mandates
- Battery technology, recycling, and market trends
- Sustainable battery production and its impact on society
- First episode in the exploration of EVs “Season 1, Episode 2 “Your Next Car will be an EV”
- Restoring Faith in Humanity Spotlight: Oscar Olivares website and article in The World
- Sylvatex website
- Our podcast website
- To support the show, head over to our Patreon Page!
- Thanks to Resource Labs for having us on the network!
- Technica’s website